Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the Institute based on the successful completion of the following assessment components:
- Poster Presentation
- Daily submission of minute papers (see description below)
- By the end of Day 3, submission of 6 questions based on presentations, at least 2 of which must be directed to presenters outside of own research expertise
- Final written exam
- Demonstrated participation in team topic challenge
- Follow-up impact surveys
What are minute papers? Minute papers are used to gauge what the students have learned on a daily basis. At the conclusion of each day, the students will be asked to respond briefly to the following:
- What was the most important thing you learned during today’s presentations?
- What unanswered questions do you have?
- What was the muddiest point for you?
- At what point today were you most engaged as a learner?
- How do the concepts presented apply to your research? If not, why not?
- What has been most helpful to you today in learning the concepts?